Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Merkel urges Turkish-rooted residents to be loyal to Germany; coincidentally, Germans will be asked to stockpile food and water ‘in case of a catastrophe’ or 'armed attack'

This does not sound good.
BERLIN (AP) — Chancellor Angela Merkel urged people with Turkish roots who are longtime German residents to be loyal to Germany, while pledging in comments published Tuesday also to listen to their concerns.

Merkel’s comments come during a tense period in German-Turkish relations and amid concerns that domestic political arguments in Turkey could spill onto German streets. [...]

Germany is home to roughly 3 million people with Turkish roots. [...]

On July 31, up to 40,000 people rallied in Cologne to denounce the failed coup in Turkey and show support for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. That show of support, though it was peaceful, caused unease among some in Germany.

More...
(TIME) Germany is planning to urge its citizens to stockpile food, water and other supplies in the event of a catastrophe or armed attack.

According to a report by German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW), citing the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung newspaper, the move would be the first of its kind since the end of the Cold War.

The proposal is reportedly contained in a government civil-defense-strategy document, which says that people should stock 10 days worth of food and a sufficient supply of water, energy, money and medicine that would allow them to stay put long enough for the government to respond.

The mood in Germany has been unsettled recently following a number of horrific incidents. In the latest violence, on July 24, a Syrian suicide bomber injured 15 people at a music festival in the central German town of Ansbach. The same day, a Syrian refugee killed a woman and injured two others with a machete in Reutlingen. Just days previous, an ISIS-inspired attacker was shot dead after stabbing several people on a train in the south of the country.

The huge influx of refugees — Germany accepted more than a million last year — has sparked fears among many Germans that terrorists have entered the country under the guise of seeking asylum.

Further details about Germany’s civil-defense strategy will be released on Wednesday, DW says, adding that its release comes amid “a raft of new security measures in the country.”

More...

China increases its involvement in the Syrian war

(Syria) It seems the world has yet another player in the Syrian conflict.

Iraq Situation Report: August 16-22, 2016

(ISW) The nice people at the Institute for the Study of War have brought out a map which shows the current situation inside Iraq as of this Monday.

Denmark: Swedish car burning craze jumps across water from Malmo to Copenhagen

(Denmark) I wrote the other day about how for the past 50 days Sweden has been beset by cars getting torched for no apparent reason. The police for some strange reason have not made one arrest, nor do they know where to look. It seems that the fact all these burnings are taking place in areas with a very high immigrant population hasn't afforded them any clues. The Swedish city of Malmo is one such area. The thing is, Malmo is only about 6 km from the Danish capital, and guess what, the act of setting cars on fire has moved across the strait which separates the two countries, with 17 cars getting torched since Sunday night.

Nigeria: Islamic mob murders the family of a Muslim who saved a Christian accused of blasphemy

(Zamfara State) A crowd of Islamic students took umbrage with one of their fellow (but Christian) students at Abdu Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara, over something he said. As is the way of the Muslim, instead of debating with words, they simply played the blasphemy card which they backed up by using their fists, feet and anything they could get their hands on, in which to show this young man the error of his ways. After being beaten to a pulp by his fellow classmates, he was rescued by a Muslim man who stopped the students from murdering their victim and took him in his car to a hospital in which to tender his wounds.


Incensed that somebody had stopped them from punishing somebody with a different faith and mindset, the group decided to teach the man who had prevented them from carrying out Allah's will a lesson by marching onto his home and setting fire to it, resulting in the deaths of 8 people inside.

That, people, is how Islam prevents moderate Muslims from speaking out, by fear.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sweden: Child of 8 killed when hand grenade thrown into house

(Gothenburg) A child of 8 was killed today when some prick decided to lob a hand grenade through the window of the flat he was staying in.

Yuusuf Warsame, who was born and raised in Birmingham England to Dutch parents, had been visiting relatives with his mother, brother and sister. A hand grenade was thrown through the window of a third-floor flat in the Biskopsgården suburb of Gothenburg at around 3am on Monday morning in what police have described as a possible revenge attack. At least five children and several adults were inside at the time, said police. They said Yuusuf suffered serious injuries and later died in the hospital. Yuusuf's father Abdiwahid Warsame told the Birmingham Mail his son had died in the grenade attack and that he was awaiting more information from the Swedish authorities.

So what the story behind the attack?

During the 1990s and 2000s, Europe took in lots of Somali immigrants. However, when these countries demanded that these immigrants integrate fully by finding work, a large number objected and upped sticks to the UK where they could continue to be different and jobless at the expense of the British taxpayer. (In 2015, nearly 80% of the male Somali population residing in the UK were unemployed, followed by 50% of the female Somali population.)

That explains why a so called British child born to Dutch parents was visiting Sweden for the summer. Gothernberg, like other Swedish cities, has an immigration problem. Now crime has exploded in Sweden, especially in Gothernberg, which kind of explains why only a fortnight ago 5 young men were jailed for a gun attack on a pub in Bisopsgarden where 2 people were shot dead and 8 wounded in a gang related bun-fight. One of the men jailed a fortnight ago was named as… 25-year-old Ahmed Warsame who is registered as living in the flat young Yuusuf Warsame was killed this morning.

It transpires that there is something of a turf war being played out in Gothenburg and as always an innocent was killed in the crossfire.

As Muslim World Suffers 2 Major Terror Attacks, Islamic Bloc Silent, Except for Blast at Israel

(CNSNews.com) – The Muslim world suffered two major terrorist attacks over the weekend – in Turkey and Somalia – but the bloc of Islamic states found just one subject worthy of commenting on on Sunday – the “painful occasion” of the anniversary of a failed arson attempt at Jerusalem’s al-Aqsa mosque almost half a century ago.

By the end of the weekend, the Saudi-based secretariat of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) had issued no public reaction to deadly suicide bombings targeting a wedding party in southeastern Turkey and a government building and market in central Somalia.

Fifty-one people were killed and 69 wounded in the bombing in Gaziantep, which Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said had been carried out by a suicide bomber aged between 12 and 14-years-old.

In Somalia, at least 20 people were killed and more than 80 injured in twin bombings for which al-Shabaab claimed responsibility.

Like its secretariat, the OIC’s media organ, the International Islamic News Agency (IINA), did also not react to the two terror attacks. IINA did carry one brief report quoting a Saudi – not OIC – official as condemning the bombing in Turkey.

The OIC did, however, release a statement on Sunday, marking the 47th anniversary of “the wanton arson attack on the blessed al-Aqsa mosque” in Jerusalem’s Old City, which Muslims revere as the third-holiest in Islam after mosques in Mecca and Medina.

The statement on the 1969 incident linked it to what it called today’s “escalating aggression, attacks and repeated crimes” by Israelis against al-Aqsa.

In the tradition of the OIC’s regular recollections of the arson attempt, the statement made no reference to the fact the arsonist was neither Israeli nor Jewish, nor in any way linked to the Israeli authorities.

The perpetrator was an Australian, a member of a quasi-Christian sect who was subsequently determined by a court to be insane and spent the rest of his days in psychiatric care in his homeland.

According to news reports at the time, Denis Michael Rohan testified that he received divine instructions to burn down the mosque, that he was a descendant of the biblical King David, and that God would set him up as king over Jerusalem and Judea.

The deranged 28-year-old’s actions triggered calls for jihad, with Yasser Arafat’s Fatah faction of the PLO broadcasting calls for Muslims to react: “What are you waiting for? The Zionists are burning down your sacred shrines.”

The incident led the following year to the establishment of the bloc originally known as the Organization of the Islamic Conference but renamed in 2011 the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and today boasting 57 mostly Muslim-majority members.

The failed arson attempt sparked a multitude of conspiracy theories accusing Israelis of trying to destroy al-Aqsa, and the adjacent Dome of the Rock with its famous golden dome, in order for the Jews to rebuild the biblical Temples which stood on that site from almost 1,000 years before Christ until finally destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.

Some Muslim authorities dispute the Temple’s existence on the site. In its statement on Sunday, the OIC referred to “the purported temple.”

It said the anniversary of the 1969 incident was “being marked amid growing calls for the division and destruction of the Mosque in order to build the purported temple on its ruins and amid the intensification of the Israeli policies of Judaization and ethnic cleansing of the occupied holy city, its people and sanctuaries, in flagrant violation of international law and relevant internationally legitimate resolutions.”

The Temple Mount is the most revered site in Judaism, but although the area has been under Israeli sovereignty since 1967 the closest location where observant Jews are able to pray openly is the Western Wall, a remnant of a retaining wall on the western flank of the platform.

Muslims revere al-Aqsa based on the belief that Mohammed stopped there during his “night journey” from Mecca to heaven. He is said to have tethered his legendary winged steed, al-Buraq, there while he led prayers with “Islamic prophets” including Adam and Noah.

Muslims refer to the Western Wall as the al-Buraq wall, a move that has gained support from the U.N. cultural agency UNESCO.

US: Somali Muslim shot and killed after attacking woman and policeman

(Kelso) Last Wednesday, 27-year-old Somali asylum seeker Omer Ismail Ali's fiery temper got the better of him and it cost him his life.

At 8am, Omer was asked to leave the Flying K Gas & Grocery store in West Kelso, Washington, on Wednesday the 17th of August for shop lifting. The police were called and as they were reviewing the store video regards that earlier offence. Omer marched into the store, past the police car parked outside and began attacking the girl behind the counter. On hearing the commotion, officer John Johnston came out of the office and was himself attacked by Omer. The problem for Omer was officer Johnson wasn’t a woman and he was armed. Two shots later Omer was mortally wounded.

I wonder why black lives don’t matter aren’t bitching about this death, or for that matter, CAIR. I wonder if it has to do with the fact everything was caught on video.


UK: 35-year-old Muslim convert attacks 16-year-old couple for cuddling

(London) 35-year-old Michael Coe (a Muslim convert) is currently on trial at Southwark Crown Court accused of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and battery on a 16 year old boy, abusing the boys 16 year old girlfriend and assaulting a teacher who tried to intervene. It transpires that Coe saw red as he drove past Upton Park tube station in East Ham London when he saw a 16 year old couple, hugging. Stopping his car in the street, he marched over to the young couple and shouted:
‘Let that schoolgirl go,’
He added:
‘How would you like it if your sister was cuddling?’
The teenager assured Coe that he and his partner were the same age and he told Coe his sister
‘Does what she pleases.’
Coe then asked the pair if they were Muslim and they lied, claiming they were not. He added:
‘Why am I wasting my time with you if you are not Muslim?’
Coe then called the girl a whore and when they boyfriend took offence he grabbed him around the neck and threw him onto the floor. A teacher who tried to intervene was then assaulted by Coe.

In court 35-year-old Coe admits to pushing the boy, but stated he acted in self-defence. The case continues.

Michael Coe outside court

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Olympic Games Rio 2016: Ukraine rythmic gymnasts perform to Madonna

(Brazil) Colour me Impressed.


China: New Type-96B tank loses wheel at Russian 'Tank Biathlon'

(Russia) Without a doubt the Chinese military is improving on an unprecedented scale. The advances they have made in every field can only be described as outstanding, yet the other week they found out the hard way that the newest of things are not always better than the things they have replaced.

In July, China unveiled the latest iteration of its Type 96 tank (Type-96B).


Designed to be the mainstay of the Chinese army (over 2,000 in service), they decided to show off the Type-96B by loading 5 of them onto a train and sent them into Russia for the 2016 International Army Games organised by the Russian Ministry of Defence. Find below a video of the Chinese T-96B in action alongside a Russian T-72B3M.


Anyway, somewhat embarrassingly for the Chinese, one of the competing tanks suffered a wheel loss, which cost them a position in the final standing. That said, it is a new tank and it takes time for new kit to settle in. From what I've seen, the Chinese will simply build on this.



Islamic Killathon: 21-22 Aug 2016

This weekend has seen a rash of murderous attacks across the world. There was the blast in Turkey which I wrote about below and that murderous attack was kept company by these:

(Cameroon) At least three civilians were killed and twenty others injured on Sunday morning in a suicide bomb attack in Mora -in the Far North region of Cameroon - which is located near the border with Nigeria, is home to the headquarters of the Joint Multinational Force, made up of the armies of the countries of the Lake Chad Basin engaged in the fight against Boko Haram.

(Somalia) At least 10 people were killed when two suicide car bombers attacked the local government headquarters in Somalia's Galkayo town in the semi-autonomous Puntland region on Sunday.

(Afghanistan) Two civilians were killed and three others, including a woman and two children, were wounded in two separate blasts in eastern Nangarhar province, an official said on Sunday.

(Egypt) A deadly attack on a checkpoint north of the Egyptian capital of Cairo has claimed the lives of two police officers, state-run media report.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Sunday when unidentified gunmen attacked the post in the country’s northern province of Menoufia, located about 80 kilometers (50 miles) to the north of Cairo the assault left two policemen dead and another five people, comprising three officers and two civilians, wounded.

(Kashmir) India’s army shot dead three terrorists trying to sneak into the country from Pakistan on Sunday This follows an attack by gunmen two days earlier on an Indian border post in the disputed Kashmir region. The terrorist were killed in the Tanghdar sector of North Kashmir, Lt. Col. Manish Kumar said, adding that three rifles and military supplies had been recovered from the scene.

(Pakistan) A man pursuing the prosecution of the murder trial of his two brothers was shot dead by unidentified men in Shah Alami Market on Saturday. He was returning home after attending a court hearing. Mirza Tanvir, 40, was a resident of Yakki Gate. Tanvir was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors pronounced him dead.

(Rwanda) Three suspected jihadist recruiters were shot dead by police on Friday in southwest Rwanda while resisting arrest.

Turkey: Suicide bomber hits wedding party, kills 51 people

(Gaziantep) For some very strange reason – oh, hang on, Islamic terrorists don’t require a reason – ISIS decided to target a wedding in the south of Turkey, not far from the Syrian border. The bomber (apparently a 12-year-old child) walked into the midst of celebrations and blew himself up, killing 51 people and wounding at least 100 others.


The bombing late Saturday in Gaziantep, near Turkey’s border with Syria, was the deadliest attack in Turkey this year. Deputy Prime Minister Mehmet Simsek and the country’s health minister visited the wounded and inspected the site of the attack.
“This is a massacre of unprecedented cruelty and barbarism,We are united against all terror organisations. They will not yield.”
Prime minister Binali Yildirim condemned the bombing, which he said turned
“a wedding party into a place of mourning.”
Opposition parties have also denounced the attack. The main opposition Republican People’s Party will be holding an emergency meeting and a delegation was being sent to Gaziantep by the Nationalist Movement Party.

Belgium: Son of Islamic mullah caught singing kill all the Christians to his internet fanbase

(Europe) Whilst the liberals in Europe protest about 7,000 so called Islamophobic tweets worldwide a day after terrorist outrages during the month of July, nobody at the ethical latte drinking outfit bothered their arse to look at the huge amount of radical Islamic hatred posted online by the followers of the left's so called peaceful followers of Islam. For example, Anjem Choudary had over 33,000 followers and his accounts were not deleted until this week. That said, in the last 6 months, Twitter removed 260,000 pro ISIS accounts (that's accounts and not tweets). And now it has just been reported that Sohaib Amaouch, the 16-year-old son of Islamic preacher Sheikh Alami, a local radical cleric with Dutch and Moroccan citizenship, uploaded a video during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan where he calls on Allah to wipe out all the Christians whilst walking down a street in Verviers, Belguim. Here's the transcript, and the video can be found below.
"Oh Allah, support Islam and the Muslims. "Oh Allah, humiliate and destroy the polytheists. "Oh Allah, annihilate the hateful Christians. "Oh Allah, kill them all. Do not leave a single one of them. "Oh Allah, make their weapons and ammunition booty for our brothers. "Oh Allah, support Islam and the Muslims. "Oh Allah, support the mujahideen everywhere. "Oh Allah, support them against their enemies. "Oh Allah, send against their enemies wind, like the one that destroyed the people of 'Aad, and like the one that you send in the Battle of the Confederates. "Oh Allah, send against them wind that will destroy everything, as commanded by the Lord."

I wonder how the liberal elites would react if this young lad was deported from a land he clearly hates living in?